Neighbours, are annoying aren’t they?
But these are the ones that will come to you immediate help when you really need. Your friends and families come much later.
So I say….
Respect Thy Neighbour
Islamic Rulings – How to treat your Neighbours ?
- Be good to your immediate neighbours as well as those who lives at a distance from your house
- And if the neighbour is also a relative, he has more rights upon you
- Be good to your neighbour, even if he does not belongs to your religion
- If you fear Allah and the day of Judgement, DONT HURT YOUR NEIGHBOUR
- Whoever fights with his neighbour fights with Prophet Muhammad (SAWS), and whoever fights with Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) fights with Allah
- Dont let your neighbour starve, when you are eating to your fill
- Increase the gravy in the curry, so that you can share it with you neighbours
- Send home food to neighbours, even if simple – It creates wonderful bond and a harmonious society
- Do not cause him inconvenience with the aroma of your food, unless you send some for him
- It’s a blessing from Allah, if you have a good neighbour
- Always accept gifts from your neighbours – even if trivial. Never consider the gift as insignificant
- Visit them when they get ill
- Attend their funeral
- Grant him a loan when he needs and give him ample time to repay
- Conceal his errors, Inshallah your errors will be concealed by Allah on the day of judgement
- Congratulate him for every good
- Console him when he is afflicted with trials
- Do not raise your buildings higher than your neighbours, thereby preventing fresh air to enter their houses, Take permission before your build higher buildings
- Seek refuge from evil neighbours
- Volunteer to help them before they ask you for help
- Do not hurt their kids by buying more expensive toys for your kids.
These rules may seem irrelevant in this self-centered society, where people hardly know who’s living next door.
But these rules help us become Better Muslims, Better Humans.